A puppy recipe is designed with a special focus on nutrients essential for healthy growth. The formulation can be raw or cooked and is custom made for your puppy. Jenny will take into consideration your puppy’s individual needs, based on breed, adult weight, growth stage, activity, and environment, and your preferences for preparation style and ingredients. Puppy formulations can include some commercial portion (including kibble or premade raw blends) for a partially homemade diet or a toppers formulation, or commercial/homemade treats for training or enrichment.
Each formulation package includes two versions of the recipe – one for growth, and one for adulthood to transition to once your puppy is ready. Puppy recipes will come with a feeding chart from the current weight until adulthood.
Puppy packages also come with a free digestive support recipe (chicken and rice) to use for short term GI episodes. This is a general gentle digestion recipe and should be used under vet supervision. Adjustment to this recipe for specific ingredient or supplement changes require require an additional fee.
Optimal Growth Program
In the Optimal Growth Program, Jenny will monitor your puppy’s growth throughout their puppyhood. She will assess your puppy’s growth progress, and make adjustments when necessary. In this program, you will get a recipe that includes a more detailed feeding chart that covers 6-12 weeks and recipes better catered for your puppy’s specific stage of growth. Once your puppy outgrows that recipe, Jenny will send you an updated recipe. An adjustment to an adult formulation is included in this program, like the standard recipe package. This is the ideal way to feed a homemade puppy diet, as Jenny can constantly adjust the diet to reflect growth changes. This program is recommend for large/giant breed puppies, or puppies that are prone to being overweight.
Each Package Includes:
- Two recipes made specifically for your puppy per your requests, one for growth and one for adulthood
- Bonus Digestive Support Recipe for short-term GI episodes*
- An Ingredient Check before your recipes are completed so you can request minor adjustments
- A supplement shopping list
- Batch ingredient lists for your preferred prep timeframes
- Transition and preparation instructions
- 15 minutes (per package) of aftercare support for questions regarding preparation, supplement dosing, and any recipe concerns
- Optimal Growth Program only: Puppy growth monitoring
- Optimal Growth Program only: Updated recipe every 1-3 months
- Optimal Growth Program only: Minor ingredient adjustments to recipe with each growth adjustment, as needed
- Small and medium breeds: Puppies under 1 year old and less than 80% of their expected adult weight
- Large and giant breeds: Puppies under 18 months
- Puppies without health conditions or GI issues
- Puppies with allergies, if there are no ongoing unknown food intolerances/GI issues
If Your Puppy Has: