This formulation is for dogs with minor GI issues, but no major history of food intolerances previously and no diagnosed GI condition. Jenny will take into consideration your dog’s health history and individual needs, based on breed, weight, age, activity, and environment. While Jenny will take into account your preferences for preparation style and ingredients, digestive support recipes are more restricted in nature as your dog’s health is the priority. Some digestive support diets can include some homemade treats for training or enrichment.
- A custom recipe made specifically for your dog
- An Ingredient Check before your recipe is completed so you can request minor adjustments
- A supplement shopping list
- Batch ingredient lists for your preferred prep timeframes
- Transition and preparation instructions
- 15 minutes (per recipe) of aftercare support for questions regarding preparation, supplement dosing, and any recipe concerns
- Dogs with sensitive GI systems who do poorly on some foods but well on others
- Dogs with a recent GI episode but no long-term GI condition is suspected/present
- Well controlled GI conditions, such as IDB or acute pancreatitis, where the dog has been doing well on a proactive diet (does not need a Rx diet) with no recent episodes or reoccurrences within the last 6 months
- For other conditions, contact Jenny to discuss your case. If your dog has ongoing, undiagnosed or severe GI issues, or needs an eliminate/novel protein diet, see therapeutic formulations.
If your dog only has minor GI issues, but you suspect you will need one or more adjustments due to pickiness, sensitivity, etc. consider an Advanced therapeutic formulation (includes adjustments). Digestive support formulations do not include adjustments.
Puppies: For puppies, a digestive support formulation will include the same features as a standard puppy package, with an adult recipe version included. Adult recipe will be formulated once puppy is doing well on the growth recipe. You can upgrade to an Optimal Growth Program or add additional recipes once puppy is doing well.